Documenting and Coding MOHS Micrographic Surgery in 7 Steps
Quantity in Basket:
Join Deb Grider in this 24 minute zipinar as she reviews these important aspects of correctly coding Mohs surgery.
Who Should Attend?
- Providers who perform Mohs surgery
- Dermatology Practitioners
- Administrators, managers, coders and staff who work in Dermatology who perform Mohs Surgery in the practice.
Documenting and Coding for Mohs Micrographic Surgery in 7 Steps
Do you bill Mohs Micrographic Surgery in your Practice?
Did you know Mohs surgery is under scrutiny with Medicare and private payors?
Do you know what needs to be documented to support medical necessity for Mohs?
This Zipinar will cover Documenting and Coding for Mohs surgery in Seven Steps
What you will learn:
- Current OIG Enforcement Actions related to Mohs Dermatology Practices
- Why it is important to document indications for the procedure
- Why the pathology report is crucial to support medical necessity for Mohs Surgery versus a lesion excision
- Develop an understanding of CMS guidelines for Mohs Surgery
- Learn what key elements need to be documented for Mohs Surgery
We’ll finish with some procedure note examples for coding and reporting Mohs Micrographic Surgery