2018 Update for Vascular Surgery
This previously recorded 60 minute program includes 45 minutes of live instruction, and 15 minutes of Question and Answer.
Instructor:Teri Romano RN, MBA, CPC, CMDP is a co-developer and instructor for the national coding and reimbursement workshops sponsored by the Society for Vascular Surgery and the American College of Surgeons.
Once again, vascular surgery has undergone sweeping changes in codes and guidelines for key procedures. While other specialties are experiencing a slowdown in new codes, vascular surgery continues with new and revised codes keeping us on our toes! EVAR coding has been totally revamped with new, revised and deleted codes and concomitant changes in reimbursement. And when EVAR codes change it also means changes in TEVAR and FEVAR codes. New codes for endovenous ablation and sclerotherapy were also introduced this year.
This information- packed webinar will explain these complicated code changes and more.
Here's What You'll Learn to Code Correctly and Get Paid!
- New and revised EVAR codes. Eight new device codes and a potpourri of new, revised and deleted codes, including:
- Expanded exposure codes and a switch from primary to add-on status. And what add-on codes will mean for participation of other specialties.
- New codes for use of large sheaths and placement of endograft fixation devices.
- New extension codes with new guidelines.
- Inclusion of radiological S & I and catheter placement.
- How will these changes impact TEVAR and FEVAR coding?
- How to use the new chemical adhesive ablation codes. How do they compare to the RFA, laser and mechanochemical ablation codes in use and reimbursement?
- How to apply the new sclerotherapy codes. What’s the difference between compounded and non-compounded sclerotherapy?
Who should attend?
- Vascular surgeons
- General surgeons and other providers who perform endovenous ablation and/or sclerotherapy.
- Interventional radiologists
- Interventional cardiologists
- Practice Managers
- Billing Managers
- Billing Staff